So when payday rolled around this month, I was in desperate need of both things that I needed and wanted; as you can see, it's quite a mix too!
- Lacura Cotton Pads: Yes, they seem so mundane, but they're needed. I go through them very easily, so I don't want to be paying a lot for them, yet they still need to be of a great quality. This is where Aldi comes up trumps yet again! 99p for a twin pack of pads that don't fleece? Yes please! (I know you can get these twin packs anywhere for pretty much a similar price, but these are seriously the best I've ever used.)
- No7 Beautiful Skin Eye Makeup Remover: Definitely one of my holy grail products..and I know that term is used all the time these days, but this eye makeup remover is the only one for me that doesn't irritate my eyes; even the Simple, Johnson and Nivea ones (to name a few) made my eyes sting, even though I don't find my eyes to be particularly sensitive. Not to mention, the No7 remover is an oil-water formula (shake it to wake it! Cheesy I know..) which removes the toughest of waterproof makeup known to man, yet doesn't dry my eye area.
- John Frieda Precision Foam Colour: Okay, so I didn't need this quite yet, as I don't tend to dye my hair that frequently because the colour is close to my natural hair colour, just a bit richer..but when it's going for half price at Boots, a girl gotta stock up! (Note: the offer has now changed to 3 for 2 across haircare, both instore and online.) Again, like with the eye makeup remover, this is now the only dye I use, it's just bloody brilliant. (And one bottle still manages to cover my rather long hair.)
- Tresemme Heat Defence Spray: The only heat defence that doesn't leave my hair feeling weighed down or with any residue once dried, and certainly keeps my hair in tip-top condition, that's for sure, even with all the blow drying, straightening, curling and updo-ing for work. Also, a bottle lasts me ages, even with my thick, long hair so it's definitely worth its price.
- Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo and Conditioner: I briefly mentioned in an old monthly favourites post that I was loving this range, and I'm still using these shampoos and conditioners with no build-up, and just like the Tresemme, I'm sure these are helping my hair to stay healthy. (The reason I keep saying this is because I haven't had my hair cut in over eight months..naughty, I know, but no split ends or visible damage whatsoever *touch wood*..I just want it to groooooooow!)
- VO5 High Volume Hairspray: I only started to use this after Tanya Burr used it in a hair tutorial she did based on a Blake Lively updo, and I love it! It doesn't leave my hair feeling tacky or crispy, yet it has brilliant hold in both everyday wear and extreme hold for updo's, curls, etc. It brushes out super easy too, doesn't dry my hair out..it's just fab, and it's relatively cheap too.
- Garnier Ultimate Blends Dry Shampoo: I'm not a regular user of dry shampoo, but I had been using one of the Tresemme ones, which was fab, but at over £5 a pop, I didn't want to be paying that much, so this one caught my eye, as it specified that it leaves no residue: essential for my dark locks! Let's just hope it lives up to that promise..I can't tell you how much I dislike the Batiste ones, both the smell and the colour it leaves my hair..nope, just nope, even the ones made specifically for "brunette" hair.
- Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Luminous Lipgloss: At work, our No7 counter is right next to the Elizabeth Arden counter, so when their Untold Colour Collection (Autumn Collection) launched, this instantly caught my eye, as it was so different to anything I had seen before: an almost neon violet-purple with flecks of glitter that the light captures and reflects beautifully..I can't wait to use this to "jujz" up any drab autumn days.
- Topshop Nails: A girl can never have too many nail polishes, right? After going on holiday with some of my girl friends and seeing the brilliant quality of the Topshop nail varnishes firsthand, I was won over and finally took the plunge with a gorgeous, almost mustard yellow by the name of "Carnival", which doesn't seem to be on the website, but I think it's perfect to brighten up an autumnal day.
- Real Techniques Mini Brush Trio and Miracle Complexion Sponge: I am a HUGE lover of the Real Techniques brushes, for both personal use and work use, I recommend them to anyone and everyone! But I knew I had to add to my collection, and the mini trio are just too cute to dismiss, although I might not use them as they are intended, as long as they do the job I have in mind..especially the sponge, I have only heard good things about this, and although I never use a sponge (I love my brushes too much) I am intrigued to see if this can actually live up to the hype and give just as good a finish as my beloved Expert Face and Stippling Brushes can.
I also had a bit of a splurge in Primark..you've gotta take the bull by the horns, as they say, and it was my first visit to Manchester City Centre for quite a while so I ended up spending over £60 in there alone..! I do love that place!
Is there anything in particular you like to treat yourself to come payday?