Wednesday 16 July 2014

No7 BB Lips

*as promised, I'm back! And I'm back with a product I adore, especially at this time of year..*

It seems that every brand has put their stamp on the beauty market with their take on BB, CC and, soon, DD products. However, don't let this put you off the No7 BB Lips.

Before I became a No7 advisor, I had braces and felt as though I could never wear colour on my lips. Don't get me wrong, I actually loved my braces and I never hid them, I loved smiling away because that's just who I am..but I just didn't like wearing lipstick/lacquer, the furthest I ever got was a slick of tame lipgloss or lip balm. Now, I love the prospect of colour, and my face isn't complete without some form of colour-bursting lip product! 

Back to the BB Lips..these actually launched just over a year ago with six shades in the range, and Berry Rose caught my eye straight away.  


























My selection of BB Lips, from left-right: Berry Rose, Geranium, Blink Pink, Blush Pink.

They are described as "an all-in-one lip balm that provides 3 lip-loving benefits of: beautiful colour, soothing nourishment and UV protection." As you can see, they are in a squeezy lipgloss style tube, with an angled applicator to go straight onto the lips, super easy.




























As you can see from the swatch, the colour is very true to how it appears on the tube. I love how rich the colour is and is so wearable it can complement any look. The texture is thinner than that of a lipgloss, yet has the shine of a lipgloss, but not as sticky as a lipgloss..so an all-round winner in my opinion! 


A great big "tick" against beautiful colour that's for sure. In terms of moisturising, it is certainly a lightweight product - in my opinion, not as heavy as a lipgloss or lip lacquer, and I find that it definitely doesn't dry my lips out at all. Okay, so the product itself doesn't last all day, but what lip balm does? So yes, you do have to keep topping it up if you want the colour and shine to remain, (I'd say the shine lasts for around an hour, and the colour stains for a while before that wears off) but it still keeps your lips lovely and nourished: tick.

I love these so much, and it's clear that others do too, that No7 introduced a seventh colour to the range, as part of their "Summer Collection" this year: Geranium.




























I'm not usually one for corals that sway on the orange side, as I can never find one that suits my skin tone..until now. This has become my favourite summer colour, I wear it pretty much every day! And I get so many compliments whilst wearing it, so it must be doing me a favour. ;) It's still so pigmented too, yet the sheer-ness takes away from the harsh bright orange that comes along with the original Gay Geranium lipstick from the No7 range.



I'm such a fan of this range, I also have two more colours! First up, Blush Pink, for a more natural look:


Finally, Blink Pink, which actually disappointed me a little:


As you can see in the swatch, a lovely bright baby pink, yet on the lips there's only a hint of colour, which I suppose isn't too bad on a minimal make-up day.

In terms of UV protection, I haven't quite managed to put this to a proper test yet: it states that it has an SPF of 15. Because of this, ideally, they'll make a great alternative to lipsticks when going abroad..and this is exactly what I plan to take out with me to Portugal when I go next month, so I'll be sure to report back on how they perform on that front. I'd still recommend to buy at least one..or two right now, as they're just brilliant, at just £9 each and they're on offer instore and online now at "buy one, get the second half price", which is across No7 cosmetics, why not?! (and if you happen to do any other shopping..yes, it's No7 voucher time again, which means you can get £3 off No7 make-up, and the best news is that it can be used with the "buy one, get the second half price" offer, winner!)

Coming up Friday..I have a concealer dilemma, and I need help!


1 comment: