Wednesday 2 April 2014

No7 Lovely Lashes Mascara Review..and another new mascara launch!

If you're a big No7 fan, a frequent Boots shopper, or work/know people within the company, you're most likely aware of how renowned No7 are for frequently having new mascara launches..and February provided the first mascara launch of 2014 for the brand, becoming the tenth addition to the current range! 



No7's Lovely Lashes Mascara is "for glossy, natural volume", and the formula itself is enriched with nourishing Argan Oil; used in this instance to help condition lashes, in comparison to other mascaras without conditioning ingredients, which can leave your lashes feeling quite brittle, both during and after use. As with all the other mascaras from the No7 range, this mascara is available to buy in the shades Black and Brown/Black.



The wand for this particular mascara is a traditional bristle-style, soft bristled brush; however, unlike most other mascaras with this type of brush, the Lovely Lashes mascara does not taper off at the end, meaning it is the same width across the length of the brush. Personally, I like this, as I can struggle with those that taper at the end as they never seem to give a good coverage to the lashes. Also, this style of brush is brilliant if you want to build good volume to your lashes..so far so good!



When it comes to actually applying this mascara to the lashes, like a lot of brand new mascaras, when you first open Lovely Lashes, it is a very wet consistency, so I tend to leave the wand to dry for a couple of minutes so it doesn't apply too thick and clumpy. Saying that, after a week's use, I found I could use it straight from the tube. As mentioned previously, with the wand being the same width across the length of the brush, I find this very easy to apply to all of my lashes. I find the formula itself not too heavy; I think this could be due to the addition of the Argan Oil, it glides very easily onto the lashes, without being too thick or clumpy. And, as with all other No7 mascaras, the colour itself is highly pigmented, so you don't need to worry about having to apply lots of the mascara to build up the colour. Saying that, after one coat of this mascara, I found it didn't make much of a difference - yes, my lashes were darker - but nothing that amazed me.

                    (My lashes, curled, with no mascara)

               (My lashes, with one coat of Lovely Lashes mascara)

However, this allowed me to explore with how well the mascara would cope with layering. You don't have to wait long for it to dry, which is great if you want something quick and easy to apply. Moving onto a second layer was effortless, yet again gliding on with ease and without clumping, yay! Also, I found adding a second layer gave me the desired look: for the daytime, I don't like anything too over-the-top, I just like to enhance my natural lashes, which is exactly what this mascara provides. In addition to this, I find both the wand and the formula perfect for using on the bottom lashes too, as it coats them with just enough mascara, helping to add definition to them.

(My lashes, with two coats of Lovely Lashes mascara, plus one coat on bottom lashes)

Overall, I would recommend Lovely Lashes to anyone who prefers a more natural-looking, effortless mascara, that isn't anything too fancy. I would also say that although this mascara promises to give "glossy natural volume, all day", I find it more of a defining mascara, not providing too much volume but adding to the length too. Saying that, having the Argan Oil is a nice touch, as whilst wearing the mascara, it doesn't weigh down your lashes, and is very soft to the touch. After wearing this mascara everyday since it's launch, I can say I have noticed the difference in my lashes when I'm not wearing mascara: they feel softer, and stronger too, which is important with how much torture I put them through! It is not waterproof, so it is easily removed at the end of the day, but I do get a good day's wear out of the mascara without it falling underneath my eyes..with this, it holds my curl fairly well, not the best, but not the worst either! With a price of £12.95, I wouldn't pay full price for this as it doesn't do exactly what it says on the tin, or rather tube, so I would wait until the £3 No7 makeup vouchers come around and pay a price that's closer to that of the basic Intense Volume from the No7 range.

**some exciting news!** If Lovely Lashes doesn't sound like your cup of tea, you don't have long to wait until the next new mascara launch from No7! Called Lash Impact, this mascara promises to be a mascara for everyone! I can't say too much more about this until it launches in a few weeks time. In the meantime, you can click here to sign up to the waiting list, and hopefully I will have a review ready for its launch!

No comments:

Post a Comment