Tuesday 8 April 2014

No7 Cleansing Water

Sorry for the blogging silence over past few days, I was working all weekend and needed a bit of me-time come Monday..yet here I am today, struggling to put together the right words for a blog post! (Oops). Thought I'd give a quick review on the cleanser I swear by, day in, day out, to remove my makeup with ease and leaving my skin feeling refreshed.

Before I got my position as a No7 advisor, I was really bad with my skincare routine, considering how much trouble I've had with my skin in previous years; at best, I would remove makeup with makeup wipes, which would never leave my skin feeling clean or refreshed..at worst, I would sleep in my makeup. (I know, rookie error right there!) Yet, ever since my first use of No7's Cleansing Water, recommended for Normal/Oily skin, (I have Oily/Combination skin), I have been hooked.



This product promises "1 simple step to perfectly clean, refreshed, shine free skin..that leaves no residue, dissolves makeup and impurities whilst helping tighten pores." The ingredients that help to make this happen include: Zinc, which helps control oil production in the skin; Alcohol, which helps to tighten pores; Witch Hazel, which helps to treat blemishes; Glycerin, which helps to put some level of moisture back into the skin, as Alcohol can be quite drying; and "No7's unique multivitamin and mineral blend" to help energise the skin.



It does say on the bottle that you can use your fingers to apply this product to the skin..I must say, you'd be wasting it by the bucketload if you actually did this! However, it does say to use cotton wool pads, which is the ideal way of seeing how well it removes makeup and cleanses the skin. The pump is an ideal way of getting the product onto pads, and I find that three squirts per pad is an adequate amount, and I use two pads, both sides, to remove the majority of my makeup, and use a third pad with two squirts just to make sure my skin is completely clean. (I tend to do this more when wearing full coverage makeup). It can actually be quite scary how much makeup comes off on the pads, but it just goes to show that it lives up to its promise of dissolving makeup from the skin. Also, the cleansing water itself smells so refreshing and clean that I look forward to taking my makeup off at the end of the day, even though I love wearing my makeup. (I've even managed to sell this product based on its smell alone when using it on a customer! And my boyfriend loves the smell too, he says it reminds him of holidays.) Due to the high content of blemish/oil tackling ingredients, I would definitely recommend to use a separate eye makeup remover to do that job.

I've been using this cleanser for over a year, and with the combination of a better skincare routine as a whole, in addition to ongoing medication for my acne and an improved diet, I must say that my skin is in the best condition it has been in since before my teenage years, which is a huge achievement for me! I rarely get any spots these days, even when it is my time of the month, and that's when I used to get raging, sore pustules all over my face. At £9.50, it comes in a 200ml bottle, but I find it lasts me a good few months, at least! Therefore, I would recommend this product to anyone with Normal/Oily/Combination skin, especially if they suffer with excess oil production and/or blemishes, who wants a hassle-free makeup remover that only requires one step. In the coming days, I'm going to blog about my skincare in the past, and the products that now help me to keep a good control on my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment